Happy New Year! This is an especially exciting day as the Mile One and Counting Blog is celebrating it’s one year birthday! What started as an experiment a year ago today, has grown to be a great joy in my life. It’s been so much fun to capture my thoughts about running and all things fitness and health related. Whether it be documenting my training goals, inviting guest bloggers to share their insights, photojournaling a run in a new destination or posting a tasty recipe, everything I’ve added to this blog has been a great delight. It’s also offered me the opportunity to write freely in my own voice with no one but myself to set the tone and style. What an empowering feeling to be your own site’s writer, editor, marketer and entrepreneur.
As I reflect over the year here are a few personal stats related to my fitness:
- The year of speed: I ran 5 races including two 5Ks, one 10K, one half-marathon and one marathon with personal bests in the 10K, half and full marathons.
- The year of focus: I incorporated yoga into my life and have been more intentional on my streching .
- The year of reflection: Blogging has helped me to enjoy the journey along the way!
And with a little help from WordPress, here are a few stats related to the blog:
- The blog boasts 118 posts with 267 uploaded photos (that is about 5 phots a week).
- The blog was viewed about 2,700 times.
- January 25’s Finding the Words post was the busiest day of the year with 91 views.
- Top blog visitors came from the United States with Indonesia and the United Kingdom in second and third. In no particular order visitors also checked out the site from Canada, Mexico, Brazil, the Netherlands, Italy, Russia, Estonia, India, Phillippines, China, Thailand, Australia and New Zealand. That basically leaves Africa that has not been hit (I really want a follower from Kenya to offer me some running tips) or Antarctica (but I don’t think there is much life there or at least people who want to go running).
So 2011 has gone out with a bang! I don’t have any concrete blog-olutions to post today but am sure I’ll have a few to tackle. Thanks to my readers and friends who have encouraged me along the way! I hope you have enjoyed reading just as much as I have enjoyed enticing you to join the running craze!
Here’s to a prosperous and blessed new year filled with many adventures ahead!